Saturday, April 26, 2008

80's R Back



So i was up at Gardner Village tonight, and went into a store I love called Posh Flippery. And to my delight, I saw one of my personal favorite things from my childhood, the 80's, inside. I litteraly shreeked in delight. I reminisce about these all the time, and have always been on the look-out for them. You can find originals on ebay for like 100's of dollars, so i was very delighted to see them at Posh Flippery. I had to buy some for pure nostalgic reasons. i have it hanging in my room by my scrapbooking desk. I have to smile when i see it. It was'nt to pricey. But i had to do it anyway! It was about $5 for the chain and $5 dollar for the charms. So i just got a few that I remeber having when i was younger. Im so ganna be a 80's girl for Halloween next year! :)

**I talked with the owner, and she said she has been looking to find them as well and found one jewelry distributer that sold some to her. She has a limited number and probley wont re-order. She has been SLAMNED with people coming into buy them, seeings she previewed it on Good Things Utah last week. So, there is a limited number, so if you want one, or at least want to go look for that trip down memory lane again, you best go sooner then later!
80's r coming back!

6 comments:

Lisa and Josh said...

What's the significance of the toilet charm? I'm seriously wondering why you picked that one. Or is this on a model or something from the store?

Amannda Ashby said...

I remember those charms. Thanks for bringing back a little bit of our childhood. You seem to always have a way to put a smile on my face, that's why your so great to have around. You just make other people happy
Thanks

Adhis said...

I still have my toothpaste charm just because I still have the "time capsule" I made in 6th grade and I had thrown that in there. (Not sure why I keep it.)

I used to wear these, jelly bracelets, and jelly shoes. I'm not really that excited for '80s stuff to come back and, certainly, not the hairstyles.

Carrie said...

I remember charms! Girl, don't just have it for nostalgia, wear it out. You'd be the hippest chick in Utah.

Heidi said...

I saw those too. I picked it up, put it down, picked it up put it down. Sighed. Left the store, went back in. Didn't buy it because I have 3 girls that would fight over it and I knew they just wouldn't understand if I said it was Mommies and they were not allowed to touch. LOVED it though. Maybe you'll let me borrow yours one day. :)

Jenn said...

Thanks for the laugh! I saw the pictures and the giggles just started to come out. I was just talking to a friend about those the other day. Thanks for posted this and making me remember the good old days!

Contributors