Monday, April 21, 2008

Survey

I found this questioner on another blog and thought it was kinda fun. You fill it out about your hubby. I would LOVE to hear Bryan's response to these. :) See if we match up.

I do know with all my heart and being though I married the most perfect guy. We r perfect together and i love how i learn something new about him, still to this day. He is also the smartest PERSON i know. Honestly. I tell everyone my husband is so smart. He makes me smile. And im so happy for the almost 9 yrs (July) we have had together, and the many more years to come! Love ya Bry!



1. Where did you meet?
We were set up on a blind date. I worked with a girl he knew, and right before my bday, she asked "Amy what do you want for your birthday"? Being funny and the wise crack I am, I said "A man". So, that next week she brought Bryan in and said you guys would be perfect together. We went out, and the rest is history. :) Best Birthday present ever! See it pays tp be a wise crack!

2. What was the first thing you said to him?
Thats actually a funny story. The friend who set us up knew that if she told me she was bringing in a guy to meet me, i would of freaked and ran! So, she told me nothing. At the time I worked at Taylor Maid salon, and when he came in I was doing a color correction from a VERY anery women. Bryan came in, and just stood there watching me. i turned and said "um, can I help you". Thus the first words I ever spoke to my future husband.

3. Where was your first date?
We went to Octavios in Provo. And went and saw Titanic in the movies. I remeber thinking he must have alot of money. LOL!

4. Where was your first kiss?
At my apartment in Provo. Watching a movie "swingblade". I was falling asleep on the couch, and he came over and kissed me. It was very "snow whiteish".

5. How long did you date?
That depends. when Bryan and i first went out, I was actually interested in someonelse. So, i kinda tried to distance myself from Bryan alot. He finally gave up. And for 2 months we did not talk. But, I thought of him ALL THE TIME! And apparently I talked about him alot, my family and friends said. And one day my friend said "for someone who likes someone else, you sure to talk about Bryan alot." I decided, i was DUMB and made the decsion i was ganna call him one day after work. I got up the courage, and came home from work, determined to call him. When i walked in the door, there was a message from my roomate, that read 'Amy, some guy called Bryan called, and wants you to call him". I about died! I called him, and we decided for a date the next night. From that point on, it was over and pretty fast. We became exclusive in October and were married July 10th 1999 after a 3 month engagement. I can honestly say though, he called me back first! LOL! It was so meant to be, and once i woke up and realized it, i couldnt of been happier.

6. Where did you get engaged?
Bryan, after I had a stressful day at work, took me to a spot on Provo river, on a dock. The place was called Wishing Point. Why we stood there for a minute, he said close your eyes and make a wish. I did, and when i opened up my eyes, he was on his knee with a ring. He then said "You know what my wish is, for you to be my wife. " Come on people! ROMANTIC! By the way i was clueless and had no idea that was coming!

7. When were you married?
July 1o, 1999

8. How did your reception go?
I loved it! it was so pretty. It was downstairs at the Provo Courthouse. (same place my high school proms always were. Ironic ey?) Lots of family came down from California, and lots of old friends. I remember towards the end saying to Bry "lets go". But he wanted to stay until the very end. He loved seeing all his old friends, and it was such a fun party! When we finally did leave, i was trying to clean up, and my family was getting mad at me saying "you dont need to do this Amy. Go on your honeymoon already."

9. How was your honeymoon?
FUN! Since Bryan was self employed, we had a long time to be gone. I had not used my vacation time, so we went for it! We had a 2 week honeymoon. The first night we went to a little bed and breakfast in Manti. Then it was down to Mesquite (bry grandma had a condo) for a few days. Then off to California! We went to Disneyland, Sea World, and Universal Studios. SO FUN!

10. This was such a cute thing. It was fun to re-live everything again by typing it and remebering. I so want to see Bry do this!

3 comments:

Livingston said...

Awe, Wifey is so sweet. She's too good to me. :)

It's fun to read this and think of all the good times. Love can be so intoxicating.

I love you Amy. You're the best.

Adhis said...

That was fun to read!
And what a cool way to propose...

Carrie said...

So can I add that I think I was there when he was picking you up for your first date, or was that another date? I just remember the first time I met him, you guys were both going out the door.

Contributors