Sunday, May 4, 2008

Girls Night Out weekend '08' (G.N.O. "08" )











A few years ago when my mom, and sisters and I had to go down for California for about a week to help clean up my grandpa's house my dad was living in when he passed away we had a lot of fun together, and became close in such a sad time. I mean, we have always been close, but this time it was just diffrent. Since that trip we all talked about starting a tradition of having a girls weekend sometime again. This time strickly for fun good happy reasons. And that chance came this last weekend. My sister was able to fly down from California, and everyone else could sneak away from are own families for a few days. We went up to Salt Lake City and stayed at the Embessey Suites, Went out eating, shoping, womens expo, talking laughing everything. On the first night of the hotel we all had so much fun and were so punchy. My mom even gave us our mothers day gifts that night. One was a cute apron for all of us. :) I even made silly t-shirts that had each persons name on the front and GNO o8 on the back! We all had lots of fun. I even did my hair later in the night as a total 80's girl! LOL!

Mom-Im so glad to have such a fun mom who likes to hang out with her daughters, and be silly. You are such an amazing mom. You are amazing friend as well. You have 4 great daughters who all look up to you in so many ways. You taught us to have fun, and be close with each other. You are also such a fabulous grandma to our kids to. They love you. You really are an amazing women, who has so much love. You raised us well, and i hope to be half the mom to my kids that you have been to me, and my sisters. I love you mom!!!

Tracy-My goober sister who makes us all laugh. You r such a sweet, smart, loving and silly with the best of them. You say the funniest things, and sometimes i dont even think you realize you have said something funny. You r great on a dare, and you always are so happy and have the loudest jubliest laugh. You know you enjoy life, and love us. You have taught me so much. I love you Trac!

Wendy-Thanks so much for coming down to Utah to participate in this. You R so AWSOME! You r so funny, and can always laugh at your self. I admire that. You make anything fun, and you always have good ideas. I love it when you sing your funny songs. I love that you always know what to do. I love how you mother your own kids. I love how you r loving and caring to me (ie-the trunk hitting my head)You make situations fun. I can talk to you about anything And you r always the levelheaded one in the group. When someting is tense, you start to sing a "lets get along song." so funny! I love you Wen, and I miss you!

Kim-The sister im closest to in age, and have childhood memories with. The one i can talk to about stuff. The one i go to with questions. The one i so want to be. The one who has always been a great example to me. When we were younger and now. You r so funny and talented. And so spiritual. You help me in a jam, and my kids love you.You can make anyone laugh, and think of the funniest things to do with any situation. "remeber the pillow fight when everyone got there'" so classic and funny. True friend. I love you Kimmie

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like fun! I've been wanting to do this with my sisters as well. I should totally just do it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenn said...

What a blast! I think I might get with my sister's and see if we could maybe give my mom a G.N.O weekend '08 for Mothers Day this year.

Contributors