Sunday, May 11, 2008

Funny how things can change

It has been like a week since I wrote in this blog, and some "livingstoncrew" fans have expressed there unhappiness with questions "when r you going to post a new blog". imagine that, people actually miss hearing from me and enjoy my pointless rants from time to time. LOL! Anyway, if a blog is what the fans want, who am i to dissapoint. :)

Today was Mothers Day. All I can say is i had one great day! I was spoiled in so many ways, and to see my kids so excited to give me a special day was priceless! And, in true "Amy" style i got emotional with the sweet presents my kids gave. Im a crier. Will cry at the smallest things, its who i am. :) There was breakfast made for me, dishes done for me, love, hugs and kisses. Brookelyn even asked me 4 times "what chore can i do for you mom"? All weekend she asked, and who am i to skip that one! LOL! Helpful tip, a 7 year old can vacumn upstairs and do a good job. ;)

Church was great to. Hence what I really want to talk about. I dunno if already being emotional today helped this along, but i felt so much gratitude today at church, and it really got me thinking. i really do love my ward, and those in it. "It's a funny thing how things can change". I have lived in this area for 8 yrs now. I have seen many come, and many go. But i can honestly say this is the first time in 8 yrs that i have actually felt really geniunely liked, and excepted in my ward. Comfortable to. I dont know if i grown up and come into myself and really let the true me come forth, just dont care anymore either way, or if my calling has helped this along. I just dont know. But I do know i am happy, and comfortable. I had s few people just today say to me "Amy, u r so awsome, im glad i know you". I kid you not, all today. I came home and expressed this to my husband, who in turned agreed with my new found comfortableness, and how happy he was for it. I love so many sisters in this ward. I have grown to love those i serve with in my calling. I can honestly say i am friends with those i serve with, and how lucky i am to be serving with those (EVERYONE OF YOU) people, and what examples you r to me. I dunno, maybe i am rambling, but i think it would be selfish of me not to recognize and ackknowlege this blessing in my life. Again, I dont know why the shift, but I am better cause of it, no matter what may of been the reason, yep, it's a funny how things can change. :)

7 comments:

Jenn said...

You're such an Awesome person! I saw you in sacrament and was think how much I miss being your VT. We do have an great ward. And I'm glad you had such a nice Mother's Day. I have to thank you for you GNO 08 post. This year for Mother's Day my family is starting a new tradition and it's all because of you. We are going to start doing GNO every year around Mother's Day. Thanks for the idea and I will think of you while I'm having fun with my Mom and sister's.

House of Ham's said...

Amy i love to read your blog too! I am so glad you had a great mother's day! My church was good too, jeremy had to work but afterwards it was good! We need to hang out soon! Sure do love ya!
Nicky

Lisa and Josh said...

It's not really that funny if you think about it. I told you that your life would change after you saw "Wicked" and it has!!!!! Just listen to your wise friends - they will help you guide your paths. :)

Kristen said...

Hmm maybe it's because we left. =o)

I bet you're doing a great job in that calling. I miss our monthly walk & talks!

Amannda Ashby said...

Happy Mother's Day,
I love ya! and hope you are feeling ok. Something fun to do while your down! Your Tagged by an Angle.
(How To Play This Game of Tag: Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!)

Kristen said...

Oh no! I tagged you too! So I guess you should be honored to get it twice. I wonder if I have to add another tag. Hmm I'll worry about that later. =o)

Carrie said...

'cuz you're cool like that. I know, that has nothing to do with your post. It's late and I can't go to sleep

Contributors