Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Wedding Ring

Ok, so this really makes me mad and sad on so many levels, and one of the only things I can think to help me feel a little better is to VENT! And to pass along the word to possibly help any of you in the future. Brace yourself, its quite a story.

Bryan and I were married almost 10yrs this coming July. About 2 yrs ago when i was in California after Brenin was born we went up to the cemetery to see my dad's grave who had passed away 4 months ealier. While we were visiting his grave site, our car was broken into, and my purse was stolen. AT THE CEMETERY no less. When we got back to the car and noticed what happned, i was devistated, mainly cause the day before we had gone to the beach, and i took my wedding ring off and placed it in my purse. And, being a idiot, i had not put it back on. So, yes my ring was stolen. It was a horrible time. But, that next christmas, while out on a date, my hubby presented me with a new ring. It was GORGEOUS! Totally diffrent from the first ring, and although i missed the sentimental value of my "original" ring, I loved this one just as much. Now, brace yourself....it gets worse. Hense the fore warning.

About a month ago, while at SouthTowne mall we ran into a jewlry place that rymes with "Ray Jewlery" to have a ring Bry had gotten me there tightned. While in there we decided to give them my wedding ring to have clean and have one small small diamond replaced. They said they could do it. No problem. We felt good about it seeings the company was wide known and had a good reputation. A few weeks later i went into the shop to retrieve my rings. And guess what, they only had one ring and it was not my wedding ring. You know what happned, THEY LOST IT! I KID YOU NOT! Bryan was so mad, and i was crushed. It's been weeks, and a lawyer later and the end result is my ring cannot be found. They have given us store credit, but i am NOT about to give them my business. So, there you have it, my second wedding ring gone! Im so mad and hurt about this. And, if you can, I reccomend avoiding this jewelry place. The joke, cause we have to find light somewhere, is either A. Bryan and I should not be married, or B. I just like Bryan to keep getting me wedding rings and reproposing. Either way, I feel like my heart keeps getting ripped out of my chest!

12 comments:

Jennica said...

That is a crying SHAME...I can't believe it happened TWICE!!! Everytime my ring goes mising we manage to find it, but the fear that I almost lost such a precious possesion just tears you up and you have gone through that twice now! =( Are you sure you don't want to take them up on that store credit? They owe you!!

Alli said...

That is amazing! I am so sorry to hear that! I would be devistated also!! I can't believe that they would lose your ring!! My family has had great luck with them! I can't believe that they will only give you credit.. what a rip! I would be so soosoooooo UPSET..

NKOTB.. HOw awesome are you! I was a big fan too! Did they play there old stuff?

Adhis said...

Store Credit??? LIKE HELL! They owe you YOUR ring, not some ring that they have a huge mark up on and will make a profit on.

No, siree. I would want (and get) the money to replace MY ring and take MY business elsewhere.

LIKE HELL, I SAY! (TWICE!)

chelon:) said...

soooo very sad!! i'll take that store credit :) just kidding! i agree with adhis...you should definitely tell them you want your money and take your business elsewhere. steve got his ring stolen a week after we got married...we still have yet to replace it!

Janet said...

I can't believe that! I'm so sorry!!! They owe you!

michele said...

I am so sorry, that is awful!! I would take the credit and get something, they lost your ring.

Katy said...

That is soooo sad! I would be furious and heartbroken, too. I'm so sorry!

Jenn said...

I just went and put my ring back on. That is so horrible. Those South Town Jewlery stores have something wrong with them. My diamond feel out of my ring (before I even got married) and they (different store)wanted to charge me to put it back in. I can't believe all they will do is give you a store credit. They should give you your money and also let you pick something else out. You should call Gephephart.

Kat said...

I agree with the last statement. Get Gephardt! He will go after something like a pit bull. He'll get you your money, then you can go someplace honest and get another ring. Sorry to hear of your sad little tale. :( I can't believe that someplace like that would lose your ring. That is ridiculous!

Lisa and Josh said...

I think the tattoo of a ring would last the longest!

Kristen said...

Grrrr. I'm sorry! It sounds like if a lawyer was involved, your only choice is the credit. I'd rather have something than nothing! But that's a major bummer, I'm so sorry.

Carrie said...

Sounds like a scam of a place. That alone is enough to be upset about, then it's your second loss to boot. I wouldn't even trust their store credit. Bring an appraiser with you if do.

Contributors