Sunday, January 25, 2009

So Nasty and SAD

I pride myself on the fact that I havent ever had a total public desiter happen with any of my kids. Yes, I have had a few tatrums in public here and there, but usually it gets nipped in the bud really fast. Well, that was the case until yesterday.

For those who are squemish perhaps you shouldnt read. This is so sad and I felt very bad. Ok, here it goes. I had went out yeterday afternnon to get a few errands done. I have not been felling well the last week with a cold (still suffering by the way) so alot of things didnt get done this week, like groceries ect. so i was feeling pretty good Saturday, so off I went with Brookelyn in tow. I had done a few stops then proceded to my last errand at Walmart. All was well, until halfway in the middle of the shopping. Brooke looked at me and said, "my tummy kinda hurts mom." Totally out of the blue, and she didnt sound to pressing so I said "ok, were almost done, then we will go home." I went down the salt seasoning isle, and as I was looking for some Italian Seasoning, Brooke shouts my name, and PROJECTILE, brown Vomit sparays everywhere! And alot of of it. I Have NEVER seen a 7 yr old puke like that. It was so sad cause she was so embarrassed, didnt feel good, and she threw up for quite awhile. After sge was done, and we were both covered in puke, I put my jacket on top of the mess, sat Brooke down and went to the next isle where I new a worker was. She was a cute older lady that could not of been more sweet. She came over talked to Brooke, and even gave me a hug. Then another lady came over who was shopping and said she works at Walmart (today was her day off) and reissured me this happens all the time. At this point I got Brooke calmed down and somewhat cleaned up. Walmar cleaning people showed up, were very discreet and gave me a trash bag to put the solid jackets in. They then esscorted me to a close register, opened it up for me, rang me out in fast time. Re-assured me again and off we went. She threw up once in the car on the drive home, and has continued to puke all night and most of this morning. She seems to be a little better now, so we will see about school tomorrow.

I am so thankful and appreciated for the nice people at Walmart who took a TOTALLY BAD EMBARRASSED NASTY situation and were ver cool about it. Honestly, it was a relif, I guess now I have entered into a new righthood of mommy dum. Woo hoo!

Well, i am off to do a a load of stinky laundry, bedding i should say. And to go say a quick prayer cause Brenin just came in the room and puked and Vince just informed me his tummy hurts. OY YEA!

Sorry for the graphic blog, and I promised no puke was on food in the isle so please dont think your seasoning from Walmart may have dried puke on it. LOL! Sorry.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I hope Brookelyn feels better soon!

You have no idea who I am.... but I found your blog by accident about 6 months ago and have come back from time to time to see how things are.... you are sort of my 'Pine Valley :)"

My husband and I have been trying to have children for a while and I see yours and I think.... soon! Yours are sooo beautiful! We've been married for five years... I am a dentist and he is an attorney. Soon we'll get there, but right now I am taking meds to try and conceive!

I came back to see if your Christmas Pics were posted. LOL I have come almost every week.... waiting to see the smiles on their faces and see how your Christmas went.

I am not a freak or anything... I am just putting in time, waiting for 'our turn' and enjoying seeing your postings.

When I read about Brookelyn in Walmart I felt like a memeber of my family was sick! I hope the flu passed quickly. I have a few employees out with the flu currently.

Sincerely

Kimmy Cole... cyber-fan. :)

Kat said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family and you being sick. It is not fun to have those moments. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Alli said...

Oh my.. That SUCKS!!! I hate it when the kids get the flu! Sadly she had to do that at walmart but I am glad that they were all cool!

I hope you all feel better soon! :)

Janet said...

I'm so sorry!! I hope she gets feeling better soon.

chelon:) said...

eewww!! completely embarassing, but i am so glad that they were kind about it! i hope that she feels better.

Adhis said...

I am so impressed with the help you received. Tender mercies, huh?

Heidi said...

Oh man, that is not fun! That aisle will forever haunt you both for as long as you shop at wal-mart, trust me. Hope you are all feeling better soon! Give Brookelyn a big hug for me!

Julie said...

Sorry girl!! That is no fun!! Kierra did projectile in Walmart but not so bad being she's a baby and it was just spit up, but we did have to get a worker to clean it up. They were great!! Good luck getting everyone better:)

Jackie said...

ewwww...That sucks. The walmart people were so nice! I hope you guys get better.

Carrie said...

That was nice of them to check you in and out in a hurry.

Sorry as it sounds like you have the stomach "flu" bug running around the house. Hope it passes soon. It's nasty.

Contributors